Friday, June 26, 2020

Audiobook Review: The Blackthornes Vampires Series By K. Loraine

The Blackthorne Vampires Series
By K. Loraine





Book 0.5 - Wicked Thorne
Narrated by: Kylie Stewart and Aaron Shedlock

Blurb:
My demons are dark. My sins are many. And taking Natalie Good might be my worst offense yet. Because I’m the very Blackthorne responsible for her ancestor’s demise. But her blood sings for me, her body calls my name, and if kissing her is sinful, Romeo was right - give me my sin again.

I’ve made a point of avoiding witches for the last few hundred years. In fact, I’ve avoided almost everything from my past since my family decimated Salem.

So, when a curse pulls me halfway across the world and into the path of a witch, I know should leave her alone. But I can’t. There’s something about Natalie that’s irresistible. I need to keep her safe, even if she doesn’t want protection from a Blackthorne vampire.

The Midnight Coven presents Cursed Coven.

On Samhain night, the covens gather to share their power and celebrate. It’s a time for pure magic. A night of unbridled witchcraft. But there’s a dark force waiting in the wings, determined to curse every witch at the gathering, and when she does, no one escapes.

Face their darkest fear. Survive or die.

These are the stories of 13 witches cursed at the one place they should have been safe. Join the coven and learn their fates.

My Review:
This is a great introduction to The Blackthorne Vampires, and the first book in the Cursed Coven. Natalie and Silas's story is beautiful, sexy, and captivating. This short novella is well written, intriguing, and filled with twists and turns. This is the prequel of The Blackthorne Vampires, an amazing paranormal Series.  Kylie Stewart and Aaron Shedlock are amazing narrators. I loved it, and I HIGHLY recommend it. Looking forward to listen to the next books in the Series, Blood Captive, Blood Traitor, and Blood Heir. 





Book 1 - Blood Captive
Narrated by: Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder
Length: 6 hrs and 5 mins


Blurb: 
He wanted me for my blood....

Living on the run was all I'd ever known. My life was unstable, but at least I wasn't alone. That all changed when my mother was murdered.

I ran from the unknown creatures she'd always feared until the day I stopped being afraid. That was my first mistake.

Cashel Blackthorne took me as his captive, but more than that, he opened my eyes to the terrible truth of the world.

Vampires exist, and I am the key to their salvation.

The Blackthorne vampires need my blood, but their prince desires more - me. There's something between us neither of us can deny. He is my captor, but I'll be his ruin.

My Review:
This is the first book in the Blackthorne Vampires, and this is a great introduction to the Series. I love Vampires's stories, and this one is really great! I love the characters, the world building, and the storyline. Olivia and Cashel are great characters, and I love their unique and intense chemistry. Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder did an OUTSTANDING job with the narration! Shedlock is already one of my favorite narrators. He did an amazing read of this story as Cashel.  Wilder is a wonderful narrator. She did a fascinating narration as Olivia. She also has a great male voice. I love their voices together. This is definitively a great team author/narrator.  I enjoyed it.  Now, I can't wait for the next book in the Series to know what happens next! I HIGHLY recommend this Series.  




Book 2 - Blood Traitor
Narrated by: Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder
Length: 5 hrs and 43 mins

Blurb:
Cashel Blackthorne took me captive.

I hated him.
I wanted him.
I fell for him.

Then everything I knew changed. I got away from the Blackthorne vampires, but they still want my blood. Living a nomadic life with a band of hunters, I learned how to fight and how to defend myself. 

Now, I'm torn between the deep feelings I've developed for my captor and the new attraction I have for Logan, the rugged hunter who came for me. 

Cashel Blackthorne may have taken my heart, but he also taught me a lesson.... 

Never trust a vampire.

My Review:
This is the second book in the Blackthorne Vampires Series. I love this Series! You have to listen to the first book in the Series before this one. The story continues where the first book ended. Cashel and Olivia are two fantastic characters. Their story is well written, complex, fast-paced, suspenseful, and filled with mystery, danger, and twists and turns. I love their chemistry. Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder did an outstanding job with the narration. I love their voices together. The story ends with another cliffhanger, and I can't wait to listen to the next book in the Series, Blood Heir, to know what happens next! This Series is amazing! 




Book 3 - Blood Heir
Narrated by: Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder
Length: 6 hrs and 1 min

Blurb:
Every love story has an ending. This is mine. 

Cashel Blackthorne has been my kidnapper, my tormentor, my protector, and my lover. Now he's shattered us beyond repair. 

He sacrificed his freedom to give me mine, only to have our bond completely broken. I lost him just when I truly found him. I need to bring him back to me, to save him from the fate he set for himself, and most of all, to find a cure. 

Since all this began, I've been their prey, but the tables have turned, and this time, I'm the hunter. The Blackthorne vampires won't take anything from me again.

My Review:
This is the third book in the Blackthorne Vampires Series, and the final chapter of Cashel and Olivia's story. This is an amazing paranormal trilogy. You have to listen to this Series in order, otherwise you will miss some important parts. The story continues where the second book left off. The story is well written, complex, fast-paced, and suspenseful. Cashel and Olivia are two soul mates, and they are fantastic together. They share a sizzling chemistry, and a forever and unbreakable love. The storyline is well developed, and filled with mystery, danger and twists and turns. I loved it. I need more of Cashel and Olivia! The narration is outstanding! Aaron Shedlock and Emma Wilder are both on my list of favorite narrators. Having them reading me this amazing Series is wonderful! This Series is addictive, and captivating, and I will definitely listen to this trilogy again. I HIGHLY recommend it. Looking forward to listen to the next chapter in the amazing Blackthorne Vampires World, Midnight Prince, Lucas's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Release: Vicious Seduction by Jill Ramsower

  ♦ ♦ ♦ Title: Vicious Seduction Series: The Byrne Brothers Series, Book #4 Author: Jill Ramsower Narrated: Jason Clark & Jo Raylan P...